UNITY CHARITABLE TRUST
1J/28 A, KOKOOR
TUTICORIN– 628 008, Tamilnadu
Ansprechpartner: Vijaya, M. Mary
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
The UNITY CHARITABLE TRUST, a registered NGO, is working in the fields of women, children, aged and the disabled.
In the field of women, we are forming the poor women's Self Help Groups by name PUTHU VASANTHAM (New Spring). We are having 550 members under the umbrella of our organisation. The main objective of forming these groups is to induce the habit of small savings from their meagre income, since most of the women in this area are daily waged workers of match factories. Micro credit programmes are also going on under this SHG.
We are also working in the following fields:
- ORPHANS: The orphaned children living without both parents, brothers, sisters and relatives must be helped legally and rehabilitated so that they can live a normal life. The role and works of organizations and individuals running orphanages should be praised and appreciated. Financial assistance to the orphanages need to be increased, since most of the orphanages are facing financial crisis to provide even food to the children.
- Aiding the Disabled: UNITY CHARITABLE TRUST is working for the disabled by identifying them, financing them and giving them a very good status in the society.
- Poverty alleviation: Poverty alleviation and assisting the poor is a common theme for the humanities in the world. We have an unshirlable responsibility to eradicate poverty with our passion and unremitting efforts. By meeting the basic food and clothing needs of the rural poor of our society, UNITY CHARITABLE TRUST plays a vital role in the fight against poverty.
- Illiteracy Eradication: Education empowers human beings, strengthens society and is a key factor for attaining of a nation's development goals. Our organization strives for the cause of basic education to all.
- Age care: The elders should be respected, cared and placed in the mainstream of family life. "JOINT FAMILY" a distinguished family setup in India is in a diminishing rate due to change of life styles and increase in generation gap. While the laudable works and policies of the State Governments and Central Government are encouraging, the efficient, effective and direct involvement of NGOs in this field is essential.
Mrs. Mary Vijaya is the Chief Functionary of the organization.
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.