Emthonjeni Wokuphila Community Development Centre (EWCDC)
Kwa-Mhlanga, Mpumalanga Province
(Thembisile Hani Municipality in Nkangala region).
Ansprechpartner: Daniel Mahlangu
+27 82 349 9920
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Emthonjeni Wokuphila Community Development Center (EWCDC) is a registered Non-Profit Organization and was established in 2004. The organisation started 10 years ago when Pastor Daniel Mahlang, the founder identified the desparate need of children, the youth and adults in the area.
We aim to improve the quality of life for the needy community members of Kwamhlanga and surrounding communities, esp. orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), as well as other needy adults & youth, by providing a range of comprehensive support services designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and economic needs of these target groups.
The Mission of EWCDC is, by 2020,
• To provide support services to 200+ orphans in two separate care centres in or near Sun City
• To provide formal foster-care homes for 30 children
• To open a facility that serves as a place of safety and care for the elderly, youth and infirm
• To have a capacity-building team engaged in 20 development projects in the community
• To have properly trained, qualified, and ethical staff, proper facilities and equipment, and sufficient funding to maintain this vision as both sustainable and reproducible
Activities and services
The following assistance is provided to orphan children at the centre (the quality and depth of support varies across the range of services and also from centre to centre):
• Lunch for school-going orphans
• Day-care for children younger than 6.
• Access to Social Services and assistance in obtaining birth certificates, death certificates, ID books & relevant grants
• Supervise school attendance / performance for OVC’s in close cooperation with the local schools and assistance with homework
• Medical, Psycho-social support
• Bible Study / discipleship and spiritual support
• Team building and games
• Music & Arts
• Vegetable Gardening Skills
• Career counselling & Computer Skills Training
• Medical assistance
• Support groups for the caregivers
Daniel Mahlangu is the Founder of the Emthonjeni Wokuphila Community Development Center (EWCDC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.