Somali Women Development Centre (SWDC )
Ansprechpartner: Abu Bakar
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Somali Women Development Centre (SWDC) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established in 2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women and other vulnerable groups in Somalia. SWDC´s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives and the lives of their communities.
Somali Women´s Development Centre strives to lessen the number of women subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater social and economic independence.
SWDC is engaged in Human Rights protection with focus on vulnerable groups through enhancing the capacity of women, lobbying and advocacy with concerned parts, promotion of reconciliation and peace building process, providing free legal aid service in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders in order to end impunity in Somalia.
SWDC vision is to see, empowered Somali women in the socio-economic, cultural and political context, living in an environment free from violence.
What we do
• Protection & Response of GBV
• Rule of law & Access to justice
• Human rights
• Community Security
• Peace Building & Reconciliation
• Gender Equality & Women´s Empowerment
• Youth Empowerment
• Cross Cutting Issues
• Volunteer Program
• The organization documents, monitors and reports on human right violations and cases of abuse that are happening in south-central regions of Somalia.
• SWDC also supports victims of violations through legal aid assistance as well as does advocacy and campaigning for the most marginalized groups in community.
• Somali Women Development Centre (SWDC) launches toll free hotline for victims of sexual abuse.
Abu Bakar is the Program Manager at the Somali Women Development Center (SWDC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.