Tanzania Renewable Energy Association (TAREA)
P.O. Box 32643
Dar es Salaam
Ansprechpartner: Matthew J. Matimbwi
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Tanzania Renewable Energy Association (TAREA), formerly TASEA (Tanzania Solar Energy Association) is a non-profit making, non-government Organisation that brings together actors in the renewable energy sectors to promote the accessibility and use of renewable energies in Tanzania. It was established in 2001.
Over the years, TAREA has been implementing promotional, capacity building activities, awareness creation, quality control and advocating for sound environment through dissemination of renewable energy technologies.
• To advance knowledge and skills.
• To manage knowledge and disseminate information.
• To network members and other key actors in the public and private sector.
• To support the creation of an enabling environment and framework for a sustainable renewable energy market.
• To support and encourage best practice, including development and enforcement of standarts and codes of conduct.
• To promote the local manufacture of Renewable Energy products and enterprise development in the Renewable Energy sector.
• To facilitate market development of Renewable Energy technologies, applications and services.
• Building renewable energy technologies capacity
• Soliciting and managing funding and other resources to achieve objectives.
• Advisory service provision.
• Lobbying and advocacy on policy, legislation, regulations and standards in Renewable Energy.
• Conducting research, education and training.
• Utilising various media, events and networking activities to disseminate information, raise awareness and build capacity.
• Preparing publications and reports.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.