6231 HW Meerssen
Ansprechpartner: Gaston Huijsmans
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
In the past we trained 66 Ghanian students and 25 teachers to become beekeepers. They were from schools in Ada Foah and Pediatorkope in the region Greater Accra. Two of us had experience as beekeeper and we had also 2 trainers, who were local beekeepers, because the behavior of the European bees are not the same as the African bees. We did theoretical and practical trainings.
Faunawatch is committed to the wellbeing of animals and the protection of animals through education, activities and actions. The organisation was founded on August 12, 2012 by Tim & Ivi Huijsmans.
Faunawatch characterises itself by means of the following 6 aspects:
• We aim to protect endangered animal species, from small to large, from the bee to the elephant.
• We are active locally as well as internationally.
• We also wish to include as many young people as possible, which is reflected in our board members.
• We have a flat organisation, meaning there is no bureaucracy which means we can take action quickly.
• We take into account that animals and humans have to share the world, meaning we aim to provide alternative living environments for animals and alternative sources of income for people who are negatively affected by the protection of animals leading to loss of income.
• We are an independent organisation and do not accept dubious gifts.
- wildlife research Ankasa, Ghana
- repositionable animals in the Netherlands and Belgium
- animal welfare Belgium: veterinarians and animal shelters, contact point for animal suffering, bird market
- research stable fires Europe
- research ostrich riding
Contact information foundation Faunawatch:
Gaston Huijsmans is the Vice President of Faunawatch.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.