Philani Development Centre
52 Hilma Road; P.O. Box 5147
1787 Nufcor, Zuurbekom, Westonaria
Ansprechpartner: Phyllis Malope
+27 (0) 11 851 2647; +27 (0) 83 596 1601
+27 (0) 86 684 1685
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Philani Community Development Programmes is a community based organisation (CBO) which was established in 2001 in response to President Thabo Mbeki’s call to increase the levels of volunteerism in communities in order to eradicate poverty and assist in the fight against HIV and AIDS.
A sustainable well resourced development centre of excellence
To capacitate communities through quality services and strategic partnerships towards sustainable livelihood
The organisation runs various projects such as computer literacy training, garment production, skills development programme, arts and crafts, HIV/AIDS programme (focus on orphan care and support programme and awareness programme for the youth), social service desk, drop in center, and feeding scheme.
• Educare Centre: Philani Educare (Early Childhood Development) provides learning and support which is appropriate to the process of emotional, cognitive, sensory, spiritual, moral, physical, and social and communication development of children from birth to school-going age.
• Entrepreneurship: Incubation of cooperative entities towards income generation, job creation & food security
• Grannies Luncheon: The Zuurbekom grannies luncheon club was established for the senior citizens of Zuurbekom Community that they may be involved and are hands on. The focus is on encouraging each other by promoting their social well-being through interaction with different mentors and sharing knowledge and skills to the younger generation.
• HCT & Social Mobilisation: HCT, Pre Counselling, Testing, Post Counselling, Door-to-Door, Awareness Campaigns, Dialogues, One-to-one talks & counselling, Group Focus Sessions, Prevention, PMTCT, Condom Distribution and Support Groups
• Orphan Care
• Safe Haven: Philani Safe Haven is a Child and Youth Care Centre for orphans and children living and working in the streets. The shelter provides therapeutical, developmental, recreational, family reunification services, and counselling sessions.
• Skills Development: Build cohesive and sustainable communities, generating employment and creating job opportunities-successfully reducing poverty in the community
• Community Nutrition Centre
• Philani Incubation Hub
Phyllis Malope is the Founder & Director of the Philani Community Development Programmes.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.