Positive Peace Group (PPG)
P.O.Box 8786 -
Yaounde, Center Region
+237 654458263; +237 98213335; +237 677872422
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Positive Peace Group (PPG), founded in 2011, is a membership-based non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit making organization for peace promotion, gender & human rights protection and promotion, anti-corruption, environmental protection and health development especially among Cameroonian and African youths, women and children through capacity building, advocacy, research and documentation.
We have the vision to have a society where peace does not only mean the absence of war but the presence of social justice and peaceful coexistence within and without the person and society.
Our mission is to promote sustainable development by fostering peaceful (co)existence within and between people and between people and the environment. We have the mission to work diligently, hand in hand with all stakeholders to empower the youth, women, children and men on peace building, human rights protection and promotion, good governance and accountability, gender equality, political participation, economic and health development, environmental protection.
Aims and objectives
• Promotion of peace, human rights and environmental education and research through seminars, short and long training programs, conferences, workshops, cultural manifestations, theatre, and other tools;
• Promotion of human rights especially women, children and minority rights;
• Dissemination of early warning signals as a means of conflict prevention;
• Promotion of mediation as a means of conflict prevention and management;
• Promotion of democracy and good governance;
• Promotion of peace awards and distinctions.
• Advocacy and awareness campaigns
• Robust organizations and partners development
• Promoting networking
• Radio programs
• Skills development
• Support to orphans and the underprivileged: The aim of the project is to help alleviate suffering and provide economic self-reliance, help to give hope and bring smiles to the faces of those in difficulty. The project also helps to sponsor orphans in school.
• Health screening and sensitization: SHUHA in collaboration with PPG and other partners and volunteers carries out health sensitization campaigns especially on HIV/AIDS and STIs. These are always accompanied by free and subsidized screening tests.
• Computer and vocational training for domestic workers: Its implementation will affect the socio-economic needs of the community through activities that would have multiplier effects.
• Combating sexual violence against girls in secondary schools in Cameroon: The activities will include sensitization campaigns in schools, sensitization campaigns and messages through the mass media, social media. There will also involve talks, debates, theatre and poetry performances; workshops for male and female students and teachers, distribution of flyers and stickers, victim assistance (counselling, litigation, medical assistance) through partner organisations already providing such services for youths especially students.
• Peace and human rights education: The human rights and peace education raises awareness on rights both for students, teachers as well as the school administration and parents.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.