J-92, Anant Ram Dairy Complex R.K. Puram, Sector-13,
110066 New Delhi
Ansprechpartner: Tara Rana
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Maitri is a developmental and humanitarian NGO founded in 2005 and working with vulnerable populations in India including women who are at the risk of facing gender-based violence, destitute and elderly women/widows, migrant workers and their families in urban environments, underprivileged communities and those affected by HIV/Aids to enable access to basic rights.
Maitri work is organized under two main pillars: Violence Against Women and Migrant Workers.
The organization has been addressing the issue of violence against women (especially in the uniformed forces), running a victim support and victim to survivor program, and promoting dignity and support for abandoned elderly widows in Vrindavan (Mathura, India).
Our initiatives with Migrant Workers include facilitating access to Citizenship Rights to ensure access to basic rights including healthcare to vulnerable migrant populations like rickshaw pullers and the homeless, and providing educational and skill-enhancement opportunities for underserved children and women respectively.
We also run an Integrated Counseling and Testing Center (ICTC) for HIV/AIDS.
A world in which each individual lives with Identity, Dignity and Respect.
Maitri´s mission is to act as a catalyst to enable access to basic rights to some of the most Marginalized and Vulnerable Populations in India.
Projects and programmes:
• Violence against women: Project Samvedana – Prevention and Reducing Violence Against Women
• Underprivileged women and children: Project Maitrigram - A Capacity Building Programme for Underprivileged Women and Children: This is a two-fold programme to alleviate poverty through education and vocational skills.
• Migrant workers: Project Awaaz – A Targeted Intervention Programme to Reduce the HIV Vulnerability of Migrant Workers in Delhi; Project Adhikar – A Programme for Rickshaw Pullers in Ranchi
• HIV Testing & Counselling: Maitri established a counseling and testing centre in a hospital setting in Delhi cantt Board General Hospital. It supports the ante natal clinic, TB clinic and migrants vulnerable to acquiring HIV. Populations living in Delhi Cantonment; Sadar Bazaar; Gopinath; Mehroom Nagar; Jhareda; Nangal; Kirbi Place; and Brar Square access the services of Maitri ICTC Centre. The increase of safe sexual practices is also done through condom promotion and distribution
• Homeless Resource Centre
• Migrant Worker Services
• HIV/AIDS & STI Information for Uniformed Services
• HIV/AIDS & Health Education for Students
Tara Rana is the Communications & Fundraising Officer at Maitri.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.