True Grasses Tanzania
P.o Box 9595
Ansprechpartner: Simon Nambafu
+255 755 848284 / +255 712 087044
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
True Grasses Tanzania is a nonprofit organization, established to serve disadvantaged, excluded and vulnerable people. We were officially registered in 2015 as a certified Trust.
Our specific focus is on girls and women who live in extreme poverty in Tanzania. The most deprived people in Tanzania are the women and girls who have no access to education and thus have limited opportunities to earn a safe and dignified income to support themselves and their families. This problem is compounded for girls who are the heads of household and responsible for providing support for younger siblings. Girls are concerned about their exploitation and abuse, poor health and hygiene and lack of food which are a direct result of their inability to earn income and education. Transactional sex is widespread - many girls and young women are trading sex for money or favors.
We want to provide ways that women and girls coming out of extreme poverty can sustain their lives. We do this by equipping them with employable skills and establishing income generating projects that create jobs enabling them to become cherished members of the community.
We exist, to see lives and communities holistically transformed by empowering deprived, excluded and vulnerable people become economically sustainable.
To promote skills training, entrepreneurship, missions and provide employment to deprived, excluded and vulnerable people come out of poverty.
• Kisarawe School Project: Our education motto "A seed for life" is revealed through the desire to give girls an education that will change their lives, but also the community around and anyone that is in some way involved with the school.
• Micro Credit - PiF Projects: True Grasses Micro Credit Programme gives small interest free businesses loans to the deprived, excluded and vulnerable people living in communities of extreme poverty to start micro business to achieve wellness and self-sufficiency. Using a Pay it Forward (PiF) approach, the goal of micro credit loans is to restore dignity to vulnerable girls and women in Tanzania to set up self-sustainable, income-generating projects using micro-finance loans.
• Pearl Kindergarten: In the 3 classrooms the children´s skills are being improved and increased through singing, riming, solving puzzels, playing, drawing and painting, telling stories etc. In top class the children get pre-school lessons which are preparing them well for primary school. They already learn how to read, to write and easy mathematics.
• Construction of a water well
• International volunteering projects
• Pearl Nursery School
Simon Nambafu is a Co-founder & Board Member at True Grasses Tanzania.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.