Social Sangat (Sangat Library & Social Services)
Usta Muhammad, District Jaffarabad, Belochistan
Ansprechpartner: Khalid Mir
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
SOCIAL SANGAT is a right based non‐governmental non‐profit, a registered youth-led organization based in Balochistan. It was formed by a group of committed young activists in 2007 and got registered in 2009.
We at SANGAT envision to foundation of an educated, democratic, peaceful and civilized society.
The Mission of SANGAT is to educate, aware and empower peoples, especially youth and particularly young girls through advocacy, capacity building, and awareness raising activities, so that they could become good & civilized citizens and contribute their part properly for peaceful society.
• To aware, educate and mobilize people especially youth & women for basic human rights, and facilitate marginalized population of the society to search the way of raising voice for humanity trough research, advocacy, awareness raising and capacity building.
• To lobby & advocacy for change in law and practice which will realize equity and economic security for women, youth & minorities, and to work for change in attitudes which will bring about equality of opportunity for women, youth and minorities in education, employment and participation in public and political roles.
• To work towards empowerment and improvement of socio-economic and Political status of women and young peoples.
• To promote social-democratic values, justice, gender equality, and peace-building actions.
• Education and Civic Sense: Social Sangat aims to facilitate young people´s academic empowerment based on democratic discourse, holistic approach involving learning with fun, critical thinking, gender-equality and principles of co-existence.
• Social Justice, Peace & Security: To empower young men and women to take part in policy development, social security and non-violence.
• Rights and Responsibilities: To empower people by providing knowledge and facilitating hands on training on themes of human rights, women rights, child rights, SRHR, and environmental response to activate civics sense of young people.
• Partnership & Networking: To develop linkages with like-minded individuals/organization to strengthen developmental initiatives.
Projects & Activities
• National Leadership Camp: To identify the youth´s potential and give them exposure to inter-provincial issues and challenges, to facilitate them in bringing a positive change in the country.
• Balochistan Youth Summit
• Democratic Orientation and Voter Education (DOVE): Since last three years through this project Social Sangat has been working for building democratic values and to involve young generation to peace building, democracy and decision making process in Pakistan.
• "No Weapons But Love": The aim of this campaign is to advocate peace, nonviolence and weapons-free world.
• Sports for Development: This is another initiative of Social Sangat for promotion of Peace, harmony, culture and gender equality through sports.
• Helping Hand for Flood Victims: With the support of different National, International NGOs, Donors and Philanthropist Sangat has provided food & non-food items to about 1000 flood affected families of District Jaffarabad and also arranged free medical camp and different villages where free medical treatment provided to more than 5000 flood affected peoples.
Khalid Mir is the Executive Director of Social Sangat.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.