UNITY IN DIVERSITY FOUNDATION (UDF)
P.O.Box 6404; Ilomba ward, Ituha-Tonya Street
Ansprechpartner: Herman Longo
+255 784 212573; +255 658 212573
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
UNITY IN DIVERSITY FOUNDATION (UDF) is a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit Making, Non-Religious and Non-Political Organization. UDF was registered on September 28th 2004.
UDF was founded for the following reasons:
• to unify, train and empower financially diverse expertise of idle experts in different trades for the purpose of running their projects effectively;
• to develop methodologies for the integrated management of natural resources which a view to enhancing environmental resilience, rehabilitating degraded environments so as to improve human welfare by alleviating poverty, increasing food and nutritional security and creating employment/income-generation.
• To provide basic needs to the needy or poor communities, like education, health communication, and other social services.
• To mobilize at the same time members of the communities, underlying the importance of their participation in the social and community development for their own better standard of life.
UDF is working in the following areas:
• Education: To establish schools, libraries, etc.; To provide vocational training machines and equipment; To provide financial and materials aid to children especially orphans and children with disabilities
• HIV/AIDS: To establish special Training and Seminars on HIV/AIDS; To provide counseling to people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) Against Stigma; To establish a peer to peer education program for alleviating HIV/AIDS.
• Agriculture and entrepreneurship: To train farmers on scientific and modern agriculture for better productivity; To assist community in irrigation farming during dry season; To provide aid to small farmers to enhance agriculture production; To establish an agricultural center for training and capacity building; To establish different manufacturing factories
• Environmental conservation: To establish Environmental Conservation Clubs in primary and secondary Schools for tree plantations and conservation; To provide training about modern agronomic techniques among the farmers for environmental conservation; To assist the community in preserving and conserving all water sources.
• Health Care: To establish health centers; To provide vaccinations and all kind medicines; To provide the mobile clinics for regions without health centers and an ambulance to every rural health centre.
• Water: To drill a bore hole in rural areas; To establish a water collecting system in the schools; To renovate the existing water pipes and water tanks in urban and rural areas.
• Disabilities: To provide people with disabilities with Perking braille´s, white canes, wheelchairs, crutches, sun block lotions, etc.; To train the people with disabilities into entrepreneurship skills.
Projects and programs:
• Nursery School
• Community Mobilized Food Program
• Peer Education Training
• Women Empowering Small Business Program
• Water Resource Management
• Tree Planting for Growth
• Local Governance Training
• Support for Vulnerable Populations
• Wheel Chair Program
• Vocational School Education
• Mwanza language club
Herman Longo is the Executive Director of UNITY IN DIVERSITY FOUNDATION (UDF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.