PO Box 74042, Turffontein, 2140; 134 Stanton Street
Ansprechpartner: Yani Horn
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Cotlands is a non-profit South African children’s organisation, founded in 1936, caring for vulnerable children through a variety of residential and community-based programmes. These programmes include paediatric hospices, places of safety, home based care projects, nutrition and early childhood development centres.
The goal of all these projects is to provide quality care and support to at-risk children from birth to 12 years of age, as well as their families, through a holistic trans-disciplinary team approach in a specific geographical area. Services provided include psychosocial intervention, health care, education and establishing sustainable income generating projects for the children’s families.
Our focus is to develop each child holistically, focusing on their health, educational and psychosocial needs. In this way, we will be able to proactively impact the child, the family, the community and the nation for now and the future.
We are currently active in six provinces, providing a full continuum of care to over 8,000 beneficiaries.
Psychosocial Intervention: To provide effective psychosocial services to children and their families.
• Community placements (foster care, adoption, reunification and transfers)
• Support groups (including income generation)
• Identification of orphaned and vulnerable children
• Social care (life skills, assertive discipline, social/emotional needs, etc)
• Access to government services
• Volunteers (optimise volunteering to enhance Cotlands services)
Health programmes: To provide comprehensive health services to children, residential and community outreach
• Prevention and management of childhood illness, including chronic conditions
• Palliative Care
• Nutrition (including food gardens)
• Activities for daily living (hygiene and feeding)
Education programmes: To increase access to quality early learning programmes
• Homework support and intervention
• Models of active learning libraries (toy libraries)
• Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres
• Baby stimulation (0-2 years)
• School placements
• Parenting programmes
Yani Horn is the Relationship Manager – Corporate of Cotlands.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.