Zambia Civic Education Association (ZCEA)
Plot 2/1836 Azikiwe Close, Off Manchinchi Road, Northmead, P/B 293X
Ansprechpartner: Mulenga, Judith M.A.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Zambia Civic Education Association is a non-profit. Non-governmental organisation established in 1993 to promote human rights. The vision of the organisation is to create a society in which people enjoy all fundamental human rights, justice and human dignity prevail while its mission is to promote and advocate for children's rights through civic education. ZCEA is committed to the creation of a just world in which all persons irrespective of race, gender, religious orientation and creed, enjoy all the fundamental human rights and freedoms.
- Child Budget Project: The development objective of the project is to have a policy in place, which will ensure adequate funding towards the realisation of children's economic social and cultural rights.
- Child Participation in School Governance Project: The project is being implemented based on the principle of child participation provided for in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Its goal is to enhance children's potential in decision-making, planning, organising and development of their respective schools. Through this project, ZCEA hopes to facilitate meaningful involvement of children in the running of school programmes and in other social settings, through formation of Children's School Councils, which will broaden opportunities for children to choose to participate at the highest level of his or her ability at school or in society.
- Civic Education in High Schools Support Project: The project supports the Ministry of Education introduction of Civic Education in Zambian high schools. It arose out of a need to fill a gap in the teaching and learning of Civic Education in the Zambian school system.
- Child-Friendly Citizens Advice Desk Project: This project seeks to contribute to an environment where Children's rights are respected, protected and upheld by all. It works towards increasing awareness on Zambian legal provisions that protect children among the duty bearers and children themselves through provision of information, support of peer to peer education through support groups, provision of legal advice to children through their parents and guardians to enable them access justice and realise their rights.
- Child Rights Clubs Project: The project aims at contributing to an environment where children in Zambia have a role in decision-making and are able to claim their rights and grow up as responsible citizens. It works towards an awareness campaign on children's rights and responsibilities among children and duty bearers by providing information and training.
Judith Mulenga is the Executive Director of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture and procure expert information in the field of children's right.