S2, Manjushree Apartments,6th Cross, UAS Layput, 94 Sanjay Nagar
Ansprechpartner: Shubha Chacko
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Solidarity Foundation (SF), a Bangalore-based founded in 2013 non-governmental organization works on livelihood issues of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons,
Solidarity Foundation is a young foundation, seeking to provide support to sex workers and sexual minorities in southern India. Solidarity Foundation hopes to bridge the gap between where the resources are and where they are needed.
The Solidarity Foundation stands with working class sexual minorities and sex workers to support the creation of a just society where people can live with dignity and freedom irrespective of their gender identity, sexual orientation and occupation as sex workers and foster significant, long-term social justice solutions through fundraising, grant making, and community involvement.
Our vision is of a world that is just, equitable, and celebrates and supports diversity. Our vision is to be a leader in social change philanthropy for issues around sexuality and to mobilise resources to support social justice for groups marginalised due to their sexuality.
The Solidarity Foundation seeks to integrate the voices and leadership of working-class sexual minorities and sex workers in India into mass movements for justice.
• Addressing human rights violations against sexual minorities and sex workers
• Focus on multiple oppressions due to intersection of various identities
• The human rights issues includes criminal laws, police or criminal gang violence, family violence, social stigma, discrimination, lack of access to healthcare especially ART, housing, employment, trade union rights etc.
• HIV Prevention Programmes
Strategies we support:
• Collectivisation: SF will encourage the communities to promote membership-based organisations that engage the community through dynamic, participatory structures, rather than projects delivering services and to build democratic, transparent, ethical organisation
• Capacity Building
• Alliance Building and Solidarity Action
Shubha Chacko is the Executive Director of the Solidarity Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer support on issues of sexuality, diversity and training, and link to grassroots level groups. Offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.