Foundation for Rural Development (FRD)
P.O. Box No 656; House# 4, Hadi Lane, Old Bara Road
Ansprechpartner: Azmat Khan
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Foundation for Rural Development (FRD) is a registered non profit organization, working in Pakistan.
Our work includes working for long term development in fields of livelihoods, clean drinking water, sustainable natural resources utilization, behavior change, basic education, rule of law and access to justice and in humanitarian relief we work with refugees and IDPs in shelter, WASH, CCCM, protection, community services, reproductive health and gender based violence prevention.
A prosperous, peaceful, productive and socially inclusive society where all human beings can realize their potential
Improve quality of life in the backward areas of Pakistan, by improving the socio-economic conditions of people through equitable and sustainable utilization of resources and empowering the vulnerable and weaker groups
• To support vulnerable families/individuals of disaster/conflict stricken areas through effective emergency response, recovery and rehabilitation
• To raise awareness and build capacity of community through collective efforts in Education, Health & Nutrition, Livelihoods and community infrastructure for their socio-economic uplift
• To improve women status and empower them for addressing their Practical as well as Strategic gender needs through gender mainstreaming
• To provide a uniform platform for advocacy of all social issues/inequities at a grass root level for policy level changes
• To empower local CSOs/CBOs for playing effective role in socioeconomic development of their communities through capacity building and mass awareness
Program thematic areas:
• Emergency Response: Food items (cooked and dry), Non-Food items, WASH, Shelter and Camp Management.
• Recovery: Housing, Water Sanitation, Cash for Work and Cash for Training (Community Physical infrastructure and skills development)
• Rehabilitation /Development: Drinking water supply schemes, irrigation channels and agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Livestock and forestry. Health & Education,
• Field Studies: Evaluation and Impact studies
• Management of VRCs (Voluntary Returns facilitation Centers) and Parking area
• Social Mobilization for Effective and Gender Responsive Municipal Services
• Livelihoods Revival Through Food for Assets Project in Kurram Agency and Orakzai Agency
• Rule of Law and Access to Justice
Azmat Khan is the Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation for Rural Development (FRD).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.