DOST Welfare Foundation (DOST)
House 08, Sector B-2, Phase 5, Hayatabad,
Ansprechpartner: Azaz Ud Din
+92 91 5811914; +92 303 5372723
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Dost Welfare Foundation (DOST) is a charitable, not-for-profit organization established in July 1992, for providing services to the most marginalized and vulnerable groups in society, including drug users, persons at-risk of or infected by HIV/AIDS, prison inmates, juvenile offenders, minor children in detention with female prisoners, street children, women and children in crisis, refugees, victims of war and disasters. All these groups are mostly poor and lack the resources to live normal lives. Poverty reduces them to a state of marginalization and deprivation in all those conditions which contribute to the quality of human life e.g. health, education, justice, safety, security, housing, employment and credit
DOST´s vision is of a society where the most marginalized and stigmatized groups have access to rights based and needs based services, to empower and heal them in body, mind and spirit and enable them to live productive and fulfilling lives.
DOST is committed to provide Needs based and Rights based services, which are multidimensional, holistic and cross cutting for all the marginalized groups in different settings. The thematic areas are:
• Drug Demand and Drug Harm Reduction
• HIV/ AIDS Prevention, Care and Support
• Human Rights Protection of Vulnerable Groups
• Human Resource Development of all Stakeholders
• Community Development
• DOST reaches out to these unfortunate, miserable and stigmatized individuals living in difficult and inhuman conditions through a process of awareness, rehabilitation and social development and ensures their wellbeing and recovery.
• DOST services are Rights & Needs based and include a comprehensive range of activities which cater for the physical, psychological, social, spiritual and financial needs of clients and their families. These basic needs include the supply of safe drinking water, sanitation, garbage disposal, health, nutrition and income generation.
• The scope of our services comprise of primary prevention, early intervention, treatment, rehabilitation, reintegration, aftercare and follow-up. These services are provided in different settings such as streets, prisons, homes, refugee camps, mobile camps, drop-in centres, out-patient and residential facilities.
Azaz Ud Din is the Manager PMER Section of Dost Welfare Foundation (DOST).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.