Educating Children - Transforming Communities
2578 Broadway, Suite 142
NY 10025-5654 New York
Ansprechpartner: Luc Deschamps
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Jacaranda Foundation, founded in 2007, is registered as a non profit organization in the U.S. and as a Non Governmental Organization in Malawi. We have therefore two boards of trustees.
Jacaranda Foundation is a registered charity that provides orphans and vulnerable children in Malawi with comprehensive education and care to become self-reliant, productive and healthy members of their communities.
• The Jacaranda Foundation operates the Jacaranda School for Orphans, a free primary and secondary school in Blantyre district, Malawi.
• In addition to primary and secondary education, they provide their students with: daily nutrition; medical care; HIV/AIDS awareness activities; music, arts and sports enrichment programs; school supplies, uniforms, clothes and shoes; agricultural activities; home support including construction of students’ houses and monthly support to their most impoverished children; and tertiary education scholarships to selected secondary school graduates.
• The school enables students to live with family members or guardians in their communities to preserve family and cultural ties.
• The Jacaranda Foundation also runs a library and literacy outreach program called Mr. Luc´s Libraries that helps public primary and secondary schools develop and run their own libraries.
• The Foundation is developing a technical and vocational school that will provide training in carpentry, media, hairdressing, tailoring, baking and plumbing. Jacaranda Foundation will also build a preschool.
Our School-Based Programs include:
• Free Primary and Secondary Education
• Daily nutrition to all students
• AIDS awareness activities
• Music, arts and sports enrichment
• University scholarships to selected Jacaranda students
• Medical care, including a fully stocked school clinic and staff nurse
• Vocational school and preschool programming in 2018
Our Community Initiatives include:
• Library construction and literacy outreach at nearby schools and in the community
• Microfinance to enable mothers to generate revenue for their families
• Care for severely handicapped children through a community clinic
Luc Deschamps is the Executive Director of the Jacaranda Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.