Vikalp Samajik Sanstha (VSS)
08-Akshar Dham Colony, ANJAD, Bus Stand
451556 Anjad, Barwani, Madhya Pradesh-
Ansprechpartner: Kundan Ghate
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Vikalp Samajik Sanstha (VSS), formed in 2004, is a not for profit, secular voluntary organization which dynamically involved in developmental sector through programme implementation and various filed interventions activities in selected region of Madhya Pradesh. VIKALP works on right based approach for health and nutrition, education, women empowerment and micro finance. Vikalp is committed towards alleviation of poverty, illiteracy and prevention of communicable diseases across rural area of Madhya Pradesh. It will be taken up by providing education, healthcare services and economic support to experience self-reliance for their future.
Empowering societies where people realize equitable development.
To work with individuals and communities by creating lasting options for holistic development.
• To build capacity of the underprivileged section- facilitating relationships, networks, resources and capabilities to enhance opportunities of poor people and bridging the social gap.
• To promote entrepreneurship and the growth of micro-enterprises- for marginalized women and men.- To facilitate in sustainable livelihoods through access to required resources.
• To work for ecological development -Integration of environmental awareness, natural resource management and focusing attention on environmental problems and its mitigation.
• Mainstreaming- gender, caste, social inclusion into all its work.
• To encourage community participation for the promotion of health education, preservation and improvement of health of the people.
• To raise funds for income generation activity-by accepting contributions from corporates, co-operative units, likeminded individual and organizations.
• To prioritize and work for policy intervention through advocacy and campaign.
• To work for people living in poverty, especially women and girls to realize their rights to accessible and affordable health, education and social protection.
• Awareness Program in communicable diseases: In this program Vikalp has covered rural population and mainly focused on youths. VSS also identified some areas of the rural population; people living in the area are much venerable for HIV/AIDS, STI, TB and Malaria. Vikalp organized different types of awareness activities with people /community involvement in the field. Enhance awareness program using community resources. The main awareness tools were community Group Meeting, Film Shows, Street Play and distribution of IEC materials to target population.
• Mother and child health: Vikalp also organized different types of awareness activities in the field of maternal and child health. Through this awareness program maximum population covered. The main awareness toll was - Community Group Meeting, Sensitizations Workshops, Signature Campaign, Rally, etc.
• Sanitation Campaign: The Sanitation Campaign ensured sanitation facilities in 20 villages of Mandsaur District with broader goal to eradicate the practice of open defecation. Vikalp provides support to government TSC programme at village level. 8798 Household covered under this campaign, street play and exhibitions are organizing on importance of health and hygiene and government schemes.
• Microfinance project for women groups from the economically weaker sections of the society: The project aims at creating opportunities for earning and living a better life so that Vikalp can function as a sustainable and profitable Microfinance Institute.
Kundan Ghate is the Secretary of Vikalp Samajik Sanstha (VSS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.