National Association of Youth Organizations (NAYO)
4 Drummond Chaplin Street, Milton Park
Ansprechpartner: MacDonald Munyoro
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
The National Association of Youth Organizations (NAYO Africa) is a Youth Umbrella Body for youth organizations working in Zimbabwe. NAYO´s work spread from national, regional and international level. The growing marginalization of youth, increasing unemployment of youth and social exclusion, gender based violence and inequalities, the vulnerability of youth and women to HIV and AIDS, among other key issues prompted youth organizations to seek a common platform to address these challenges in 2011.
To see a repositioned, redefined and enhanced role of youth in community and national, regional and international developmental processes.
To redress the challenges that youth are facing and contribute towards their active participation in developmental processes through Coordination, Advocacy, Capacity Building and Information Sharing Initiatives.
• To build and sustain an open, flexible, transparent and accountable National Association of Youth Organizations.
• To foster solidarity, information learning, exchange, and dissemination.
• To create a common platform to advocate for the concerns of youth at National, Regional and International levels.
• To build the capacity of partner organizations and their constituencies to effectively participate in community and national development processes.
• To mobilize resources and support in order to enable the work of NAYO for the common good of young people in Zimbabwe and Africa.
What we do
• Service provision
• Policy Advocacy and Lobby
• Capacity Development
• Development Effectiveness (DE): Focuses on ensuring the informed participation of youth in development issues which include Development Effectiveness (DE), 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, Financing for Development, Economic Governance and Entrepreneurship, Development Cooperation and South-South Cooperation. The Cluster has a strong Capacity Building and Policy Advocacy focus.
• Civic Participation Cluster: Focuses on Civic Activism, Peace Building, Enabling Environment, Volunteerism, Governance, Fostering Social Movements and Mobilization, Social Accountability and Human Rights with a thrust to orient youths for their increased ‘Informed’ Participation and has a strong Civic participation and Advocacy component.
• Social Cluster: The Social Cluster focuses on Child Development and Participation, Education and Strengthening Social Protection systems for children working with partners in the Child Sector.
• Mainstreaming Cluster: Focuses on cross-cutting themes that are mainstreamed in NAYO programs and these include: HIV and AIDS, Climate Change, Gender and Peace-Building.
MacDonald Munyoro is the Clusters Coordinator at National Association of Youth Organizations (NAYO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.