Save Cambodia´s Wildlife (SCW)
#F17 - F19, St. V19, Damnak Thum Village, Sangkat Stoeng Meanchey, Khan Meanchey, P.O. Box 3223
12352 Phnom Penh
Ansprechpartner: Tep Boonny (Executive Director)
- Umwelt- und Zukunftsforschung
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Save Cambodia´s Wildlife (SCW) is a leading national not-for-profit, non-partisan NGO, which works for the protection and conservation of natural resources and wildlife habitats throughout Cambodia. SCW aims at raising awareness on climate change, wildlife protection and environmental issues in general.
Conservation through Education
SCW focuses on education as means of empowerment and change, using book publications, teaching programs and awareness campaigns to reach all levels of society. SCW encourages and facilitates networking between indigenous communities and local authorities to achieve nature conservation and biodiversity preservation.
Our vision is a world, where nature, wildlife and human beings co-exist peacefully.
Our mission is to protect and conserve natural resources and wildlife habitats through:
• Education & Community Mobilization
• Integrated Alternative Livelihoods
Over the last 20 years, SCW has been working on 15 projects in 8 provinces, in order to address the challenges faced by the Cambodian population, mainly
• Poverty & Effects of Climate Change: caused by unsustainable and insufficient access to natural resources
• Social Injustice: due to the limited application of a rights-based-approach and participation from rights holders and duty bearers
• Financially self-sufficient local CBOs (Civil Society Fund): To reduce poverty and pressure on natural resources, build community ownership, increase capacity to ensure (self)-replication and sustainability
• Creating a Green Belt in Cambodia (Welthungerhilfe): Linking 152 CPAs nationwide, climate change action, social business, youth engagement
• Food Security & Climate Change (Johanniter): Increased resilience of vulnerable farmers through integrated agriculture, income-generating measures, and awareness-raising on the consequences of climate change on food security
• Go! Green Ownership (ForumSyd): Increasing community access, control and sustainable use of natural resources and community climate change resilience
• Water Governance (Oxfam): coming soon
SCW's Social Business
• Local Product Honey – is produced by Cambodian farmers, in an eco- and wildlife-friendly way
• Children’s Storybooks – are published based on environmental topics, are designed in a child-friendly way and are in English and Khmer language
• Consultancy – SCW offers many consultancy services; namely: Sustainable & Community-Based NRM, Community Mobilization, Establishment & Management of CPAs, CFs and CFis
• Youth Development Program: coming soon
• Watch "Our Tribes - Our Heritage" short video about indigenous peoples in Cambodia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxIR-NscysY