Tanzania Youth Vision Association (TYVA)
P.O.Box 110024; Sinza A, Mapinduzi Street.
Dar es Salaam
Ansprechpartner: Selemani Abdul Makwita,
Tanzania Youth Vision Association (TYVA), founded in 2000, is a youth led organization focusing on youth awareness raising and empowerment.
The Organization addresses the challenges of poor youth involvement and participation. It aims at capacity building of youth and youth organizations in civic and social-economic spheres, focusing on bringing about self realization and empowerment of young people in Tanzania.
To see a free, just, democratic and peaceful society, in which there is active and effective youth participation.
TYVA is dedicated toward promoting empowerment and self realization of young people through mounting awareness raising, capacity building and networking programs which are youth centered, gender sensitive, environmental friendly and readily accessible to vulnerable youth. This is through trainings, youth dialogues, seminars and workshops.
• Youth Engagement on Governance and Accountability: TYVA is engaging youth and advocate for policy changes on the area of Civic Education and Good Governance with a focus on women and men empowerment towards the on-going constitutional making process and monitoring the implementation of the coming new constitution. The proposed project goal is well aligned to the National strategy on poverty reduction and economic growth
• Youth Employment in Dar es Salaam project (YEID): The program “"ecent work and labour rights in East Africa" is implemented by partner youth organisations and trade unions in Kenya and Tanzania in the period 2014 to 2016. The main youth partners in Tanzania are Tanzania Youth Vision Association (TYVA), Youth for Africa (YOA) and Open Mind Tanzania (OMT).
• Constitutional Youth Dialogues
• Binti Jitambue
• Policy and Budget Youth Engagements
• We organize School of TYVA, Dira Dialogues and Leadership Seminars/Trainings/Conferences where youth get an opportunity to participate and acquire knowledge and skills.
• We also organize Radio and TV programmes where youth get opportunities to air out their concerns on social, political and economic matters affecting their lives.
Selemani Abdul Makwita ist he National Chairperson of the Tanzania Youth Vision Association (TYVA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.