Gondwana Alive GA
P.O. Box 48159, 35 Benning Drive, Kommetjie
7976 Cape Town
Ansprechpartner: Tracey Phillips
Gondwana Alive, a Southern Hemisphere initiative, develops educational material programmes and campaigns promoting caring and responsibility for our planet.
The Gondwana Alive (GA) scientifically driven outreach project was initiated in 1998 to help stem the SIXTH EXTINCTION of life on Earth, through awareness raising and education. It derives its name from the southern land mass (Gondwana) that broke up millions of years ago into the southern hemisphere continents we know today.
In 2010, in response to continued detrioration of our biodiversity and natural environment, GA has shifted its focus from awareness to action. Today, GA is a non-profit, Section 21 Company (No. 200900544008) that strives to build a network of like-minded people doing what they can at home, at work or in community, to restore biodiversity and improve lives. In addition GA implements strategic projects that will help us learn and improve efforts to restore biodiversity and improve lives.
• Research& Development: Finding new paths to achieve sustainability.
• Planning & Implementation: Strengthening organizations and projects.
• Monitoring & Evaluation: Learning and improving environmental, social and economic impact.
• Education & Training: Building institutional, management, entrepreneurial and stewardship capacity.
• Coastal Stewardship: Enable a sustainable, coast-wide, local coastal management support system.
• Heritage Stewardship: Protect natural and cultural heritage assets through capacity building and sustainable development of heritage trails, routes and corridors.
• Business Stewardship: Promote corporate governance that finds ways for business to work with nature.
• Conversation Partnership: Build a network of like-minded people working together and doing what they can at home, at work or in community to restore biodiversity and improve lives.
• New Age Communication: Use state of the art media and technology to promote “Working for Life”.
Dr. Tracey Phillips is the Chief Executive Officer of Gondwana Alive.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.