Tanzania Coalition on Debt and Development (TCDD)
PO BOX 9193, Shaumoyo/Songea Street,Mariam Tower, 8th Floor
Dar es Salaam
Ansprechpartner: Hebron Timothy Mwakagenda
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
- Alternative Ökonomie
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
Tanzania Coalition on Debt and Development (TCDD) was established in 1998 with an emphasis of coordinating civil society organizations’ activities and facilitate the sharing of experiences on debt relief campaigns in Tanzania.
TCDD also aims at providing a forum to a wide range of Civil Society Organizations to participate in on-going national and international dialogue and debate on poverty, debt and development. TCDD has actively involved itself in the process of preparing the Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSP).
TCDD is a member based institution operating as a coalition aiming at uniting CSOs to champion debt relief and development process in Tanzania. TCDD is and shall remain to be an open-ended coalition operating on the basis of the principles of coalition and networking and as such it is not another NGO because itself is made of members who are registered CSOs including CBOs, NGOs, networks, umbrellas and international NGOs based in Tanzania.
The Tanzania Coalition on Debt and Development (TCDD) is a national Coalition of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) which have joined together to form a forum to co-ordinate civil society participation in lobbying for deeper and faster debt relief and/or total debt cancellation.
The national monitoring skills workshop for civil society organizations (CSO) organized by TCDD had the following specific objectives:
• Provide update information to civil society participants on the current country situation with regard to poverty and PRSP including the national institutional framework for the Poverty Monitoring System.
• Expose CSOs to basic concepts on poverty and PRSP, international debt issues and current macro-economic frameworks (TAS/PRSP etc.)
• Equip participants with skills and methods of monitoring poverty/PRSP at the community, district and national levels.
• Introduce CSOs to the techniques and skills for effective lobbying and advocacy.
• Agree on engagement strategies, and clear time bound benchmarks and action points for CSOs participation in monitoring poverty and PRSP at the community, district and national levels.
Hebron Timothy Mwakagenda is the Executive Director of the Tanzania Coalition on Debt and Development (TCDD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.