Royal Aid for Development (ROAD)
Munuki Opp. Jerusalem Pharmacy Suk Militia Block VA plot No 282, 3rd class residential area
Ansprechpartner: John Lwong
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Royal Aid for Development (ROAD), founded in 1999, is a Non-Governmental and Non-Profit making South Sudanese Organization. ROAD has been implementing multi-sectorial projects in Upper Nile State for the last 17 years
ROAD´s mission is to provide an excellent education for the young and the disadvantage, build healthier lives and empower the socio economic wellbeing of the South Sudanese
ROAD envision a South Sudanese communities as an educationally, healthy and socioeconomically sound communities.
ROAD´s runs the programs in the following sector/cluster.
• Education program which focuses on the distribution of education materials in schools, rehabilitation of classrooms and toilets, provision of school uniforms/sporting materials, establishment of school feeding programs, adult literacy, education talks and girls child distribution of sanitary towels and reproductive health education.
• Health program is focused on distribution of life saving drugs to primary health clinics, distribution of mosquito nets and repellants to hospitals and to households, rehabilitation of health facilities, supply of necessary food item to hospitals for recovering mothers and child, and participation in health immunization campaigns and health awareness creation in communities.
• Socio economic empowerment program aims at building strong livelihood for recovery and resilience. Its main activities includes: entrepreneurial training for women, youth and disadvantaged members of communities recovering from conflicts, engaging youth in productive agribusiness ventures for alternative livelihood from conflicts, supporting youth, women and disadvantaged in creating and setting up reliable and sustainable livelihoods.
• The Water Sanitation and hygiene (WASH) program the main focus is awareness and knowledge creation in the communities on the importance of clean sanitation, construction of community sanitation facilities (toilets and hand wash points), construction of sanitation facilities (toilets and hand washing facilities) in health centers and schools, distribution of sanitation and water treatment agent to households, schools and hospitals. Participation in sanitation and hygiene campaigns across the geographical regions we operate.
• The HIV and AIDS Program, which is focused on raising awareness on HIV/AIDS and sexual behavior through talks at churches, schools, market places and small-scale community meetings and drama / games.
John Lwong ist he Chief Executive Officer of Royal Aid for Development (ROAD).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.