Society for Community Development Project - SCDP
88 Seerangapalayam Road, Tamil Nadu
Ansprechpartner: P. Murugessan
+91 427 4030324
+91 427 2267801
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Society for Community Development Project (SCDP) is a registered, non-profit making voluntary social action group promoted in 1990 by a band of social minded and dedicated youth hailing from the bottom of the rural society. They had clear insights of the socio-economic and health situation faced by the oppressed, underprivileged and marginalized segments of the rural communities in Panamarathupatty, Ayothiyapatinam and Yercaud Block of Salem District.
Our aim is to eradicate child labour. In doing this we hope to release child labourers from the employers and to enroll them in existing schools to continue their education. A child's right to education and the enjoyment of childhood are our motives.
Vision of SCDP:
Collective effort of the people with humanity in all respects. Developing alternative skills and techniques for improving standard of life and reduce poverty.
Current programmes of SCDP:
• Animal welfare and vegetable food promotion meat out campaign
• Promotion of Women Self Help Groups (SHGs)
• Provision of micro credits to SHGs members
• Elimination of child labourers and rehabilitation
• Eradication of female infanticide and foeticide
• Rehabilitation of orphan and handicapped children
• Income Generation Programmes for rural youth and women
• Sustainable agriculture for small and marginal farmers
• Prevention of STD/HIV/AIDS
• Naturopathy awareness programme for women
• Environmental awareness programme
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of community development and environmental development.