Amasaman Nsawam Road, 31 Vitafoam plaza building, P.O.Box GP 17700. Accra
Ansprechpartner: Edna Quansah
+233 30 397 0514; +233 20 3005019
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
AKO Foundation is a vibrant youth-led and youth development organization, registered in 2007, working to support community-driven and sustainable development with focus and commitment on youth participation for sustainable environment and economic development.
To create change by inspiring and empowering the youth for sustainable future.
We seek to develop holistic intervention to totally transform the society for a sustainable livelihood.
Areas of work
• Environment: To create pathways to identify sustainable, use of terrestrial eco systems encouraging eco conservation, Eco friendliness for an organic growth.
• Agriculture: We train and provide funding support for `Agricpreneurs´ which enable them to grow from SME’s which promote sustainable agriculture.
• Gender: To engage and educate adolescent girls on sexual and reproductive health issues for their development and growth.
• Advocacy: To promote and mobilize positive reforms for a socio-culture developmental pattern.
• African Youth SDG Summit: The goal of the summit is to provide an open and inclusive platform for young people in Africa, SDG Achievers, African Governments, Development Partners and the private sector to dialogue and address pertinent issues affecting the youth. It is also meant to help develop innovative ways of ending poverty, unemployment, conflict and combat climate change in the African sub-region. The summit is envisaged to be an annual event aimed at elevating the African youth voices and to create a community of purpose for co-generation of ideas and awareness on the SDGs.
• African Youth In Mining: The African youth in mining summit and Expo (AYiM 2017) is an annual event which aims to provide a platform for key players in the mining industry, young people, and the mining community leaders to address Africa´s emerging socio-economic, and environmental challenges for sustainable future.
• Lead Poison Awareness Program (LEPAP): The Lead Poison Awareness Program (LEPAP) is tailored to educate the huge existing patronage of e-waste activities being done without proper precautions posing a threat to most `scraper dealers´ health life.
• Think environment, Think network: Think environment, Think network is a platform to ensure an effective partnership and networking for individuals and organisations who are passionate about the environment. The movement seeks to ensure effective networking and partnership to enhance knowledge sharing and management ideas through training, seminars and conferences and other activities which promote sustainable future and environment.
• Eco Hive Clubs: It is of great importance we collaborate with the community through the Eco clubs in schools and colleges to create change by empowering students to participate and take up meaningful environmental activities and projects. This opportunity offer to students would influence, engage their parents and communities to promote climate resilient green economy.
• Making Agriculture `Sexy´ to Young Farmers – MASTI-F Series: The Untold Success Stories (MASTI-F Series) is the gathering of youth organizations, government, students, policy makers with the objective to share with other young people good practice models of successful young farmers and youth organizations in the agribusiness sector. This event is organised quarterly every year.
Edna Quansah is the Director of Research & Development at the Ako Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.