Nomadic Pastoral and Relief Foundation (NoPReF)
P.O. Box: 315 Gode
Jijiga, Somali Region
Ansprechpartner: Abdullahi M. Ali
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
It doesn't get more urgent than this.
Let us think of the Pastoral marginalized mother who has a child on the verge of dying from malnutrition....
For her, the only way to have a happy new day is with a healthy child. We can save lives—we can help whole communities—but we can't do it without your support.
No child should die from Unsafe water from unprotected water sources. Not when you and I can do something about it.
"Help Them Get Safe water through Rehabilitation of existing water points in their villages"
What are you waiting for?
We at Nomadic Pastoral and Relief Foundation would love to hear from you!
Donate to Nomadic Pastoral and Relief Foundation :
Nomadic Pastoral and Relief Foundation (NoPReF) is an NGO in Ethopia founded in 2014. The organisation assists communities to access clean water, education and health. It also works on issues related to the environment, agriculture and food security.
NoPReF is dedicated to enhance the livelihood of the deprived and marginalized pastoralists and agro-pastoralists via development intrusion and advocacy in Somali regional state.
To respond the holistic human needs including social, physical, economical, cultural and emotional wellbeing marginalized segments of the hard to reach society; particularly women, children, youth and marginalized groups through comprehensive, standard, equitable easily accessible and participatory social services such as Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Food security and Livelihoods(FSL), Education, Women Empowerment, Female Genital Mutilation/Harmful Traditional Practices (FGM/HTPs) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), in order to improve the livelihoods status of women, children, youth and marginalized groups of Ethiopian Somali region.
• Economic Recovery and Market Systems: NoPReF´s project has supported to increase sustainable income-earning opportunities and improved market linkages. 20 marginalized groups were assisted through economic asset development activities. The groups have been promoted seed money for start-up of their petty trading activities. In addition the groups were trained on business dynamics, basic business management principles, group management, book keeping, saving and credit processes, Marketing and basic literacy
• Agriculture and Food Security: NoPReF´s project has supported to increase sustainable agricultural and livestock production. The project supported 50 farmers in Shebelle zone through Seed Systems and Agricultural Inputs. 50 farmers have increased 6 month of food self-sufficiency due to distributed seed system/agricultural inputs for 50 farmers that benefited from Seed Systems and Agricultural Inputs.
• Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH): Shallow Well Rehabilitation and Hygiene Promotion
• Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS): Through Volunteer scheme, NoPReF has supported 2 hard to reach rural communities to improve the environmental sanitation through CLTS training. Communities have improved on behavioural change and attitudes, with some members of the community have installed their own toilet facility and Hand-washing has been fixed to practice at all household level in the mission area.
• Education: NoPReF will work to improve the challenges facing the education sector in Ethiopian Somali Regional State. The four main challenges and problems identified in the education system are: increasing access and ensuring universal completion of general education; ensuring equity; improving quality; and improving management.
• Flood Emergency: Mass Campaign awareness rising in hygiene & sanitation in flood affected areas
Abdullahi M Ali is the Chief Executive Director of the Nomadic Pastoral and Relief Foundation (NoPReF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.