Barrio 3, San Marcos La Laguna
Ansprechpartner: Gabriela Cordón
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The cultural project “La Cambalacha” was founded in 2002 and is based in the Mayan village of San Marcos La Laguna, Lago Atitlán, Guatemala.
Guatemala's public education system provides very few options for artistic development: the national budget currently invests little or nothing towards creative processes in the schools. The education to which especially rural children and youth have access is monotonous, repetitive and of little capacity to generate creativity from both teachers and students.
La Cambalacha uses art as an educational and therapeutic tool to heal the wounds of the past, to start practicing peace, and to transform our reality with respect for nature, interculturality and human rights.
La Cambalacha dedicates itself to supporting and facilitating artistic sensitization, learning, exchange, formation and production with the children and youth of rural communities. We are validating and practicing art as a life alternative and professional option.
We believe that everyone has the right to experience and benefit from artistic expression as a universal tool for individual and collective development on social, psychological, physiological and spiritual levels.
La Cambalacha operates as a permanent creativity workshop for the...
• Instruction, exhibition, production and exchange of the different forms of creative expression.
• Artistic initiation and formation of children and youth through arts sensitization and creativity classes.
• Motivation of participants to experiment and learn, and to share their talents with their communities.
• Our team of local and international artists and facilitators give art workshops in schools, public spaces and at La Cambalacha's studio and workshops.
• Facilitators guide participants through creative processes to channel their individual and collective energy towards confidence-building, social integration and artistic formation.
Volunteers from all over the world have taught workshops in theatre, dance, music, yoga, puppeteering, acrobatics, circus arts, arts and crafts, and much more.
Gabriela Cordón is the founder and director of the cultural project La Cambalacha.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.