Mukinge Youth Development Foundation (MYDF)
Box 120092; Mukunashi Road
Ansprechpartner: Gerald Yungana
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Mukinge Youth Development Foundation (MYDF) is a non-governmental, non partisan and non- profit making organisation established in 2012 in Kasempa District with the aim of sharing accumulated experience and knowledge to identify both strength and weakness in political, social and economic participation of young people.
MYDF works with community based organization, churches, government and needy communities and supports development endeavors through projects on HIV/AIDS, gender, human rights and civic education and exchange programmes.
MYDF envision a society in which youths participate fully in the development of a democratic and prosperous Zambia and contributes to AIDS free Kasempa district.
MYDF promote positive behavior, attitudes and a health state of mind, body and spirit among the youths to advocate, inform, involve, inspire and celebrate social change through participating in developmental activities in Kasempa District so as to be able to reach their full potential life.
• To educate and share with the youth on issues related to the mitigation of HIV/AIDS.
• Promote a health state of mind, body, spirit and environment amongst the youths
• To promote abstinence as the best strategy in the fight against HIV/AIDS amongst youth and children
• To challenge youths on the use of condoms and give thorough information
• To discourage unfavourable traditional practices and cultures, that promote abuse of human sexuality before marriage, early marriages and those that make citizens vulnerable to contracting HIV and AIDS
• To hold tangible discussions on relevant issues related to health and positive behaviour, e.g. forum meetings, festivals, debates, on-going formation meetings
• MYDF provides HIV/AIDS Education to both in-school and out of school youths.
• MYDF conducts weekly meetings with youths and in these meeting; youths are given topics to make a presentation to a group. Debates, role play, songs and other important topic are discussed during these meetings. These meetings are helpful because youths are given time to share before the actual field visits.
• Drama & Theater Education: Most of our drama plays are based on HIV/AIDS, human rights, child abuse, child protection and other social issues affecting our community.
• Training: We train Peer Educators and drama group coordinators
Gerald Yungana is the Executive Director of the Mukinge Youth Development Foundation (MYDF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.