Movement for the Promotion of Gender Equality in Liberia
P.O. Box 3520, 72nd Paynesville, District #7
Ansprechpartner: Hisenburg Q. Togba
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Movement for the Promotion of Gender Equality in Liberia (MOPGEL) is a national, not-for-profit, non-governmental organization. Its aim primarily is to combat all forms of discriminations and violence against women; children, youth and people with disabilities.
MOPGEL was established working from the premise that cultural and traditional practices deny women, girls and disabled access to training and education. This situation restricts their ability to improve livelihoods, literacy and to make a better quality of life for themselves and their families.
Thus, programs that emphasize human rights, vocational training, education, health care and the development of human resources are imperative, and this is where this organization endeavors to provide support and services.
• Education: Education For All Campaign; ICTs & Vocational Education; Adult Literacy; Health Reproductive & HIV/AIDS Education; Peace and Tolerance
• Economic Empowerment: Leadership training; Micro Credit loan program; Skills training
• Environment: Water & Sanitation; Clean up, Fix up & Conserve the environment; Health care
• Conduct Research, Monitor, Document Violations & Publish Outcomes
• Create Schools & Communities Gender Clubs
• Deliberate on the importance of Gender Equality & Sustainable Development
• To establish & manage Education & Vocational Centers throughout Liberia
• Provide forum for participation of Students & Community Leaders
• Advocate for Gender Sensitivity Policies & Laws
• Advocate for Equal participation in Political, Economic & Social Decision-Making
Hisenburg Q. Togba is the Executive Director.
For other net participants we can offer overnight accomodations, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.