Fundación La Tortuga
Calle Fermin Toro, Quinta La Perla,
6016 Lechería, Anzoátegui
Ansprechpartner: Alberto Boscari
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Fundación La Tortuga is the leading ecological NGO in eastern Venezuela through the service of scientific research, conservation of coastal/marine ecosystems and islands of the country and the education of its residents.
Since 2005 our activities aim to encourage people and promote the secure and continuous appropriate treatment of nature.
We are members of the ANUV-Venezuela (United Nations Association of Venezuela) and we are committed with diverse national and international organizations with the purpose of serving people and the nature in an opportune and continuous way.
We are convinced that the scientific research and application of the acquired knowledge in the implementation of correct management plans and effective environmental education programs for people of all levels, will allow the sustainable use of marine resources and a greater understanding of the benefits for present and future generations.
The environmental education programs will serve as a model in the educational system of Venezuela and the contributions in science will complement other research institutions in the world dedicated to defense of nature.
All along the Venezuelan coast, we develop our management with a multidisciplinary team of professionals with expertise in the scientific, managerial and educational areas.
• Scientific activities: Scientific expeditions; research applied to the conservation and preservation of the marine spaces; oceanographic-biological characterizations; protection programs for endangered marine species; management plans for natural resources.
• Educational activities: Workdays of cleaning the coasts; educational seminars to the residents of coastal zones, fishermen and students; workshops directed at children, youth and adults about recycling and household waste management.
• Center for Environmental Training and Development
• Biological and Oceanographic Characterization
• Monitoring water quality
• Physical, chemical and biological variables
Alberto Boscari is the President of Fundación La Tortuga.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.