PASTORALIST CONCERN EDUCATION FOUNDATION (PACEF-KENYA)
PO BOX 625 - 00206 Kiserian; Magadi Road
Ansprechpartner: Peter ole Musei
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
PACEF (Pastoralist Concern Education Foundation) is an independent, non-profit organization that was formed by a group of education and community development specialists in 2007 and legally registered in September 2010.
PACEF is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that works at the grassroots level in collaboration with various partners, including local and international NGOs, civil society organizations (CBOs) and relevant government sectors and other authorities to promote and support pastoralist community-based initiatives in sustainable livelihoods (agriculture, livestock production, natural resources management, and micro-enterprises development), education, health, peace and conflict resolution, and advocacy in Kajiado County, Kenya
To promote education among Pastoralist as catalyst for transformational change that leads to securing their livelihoods in a secure and sustainable environment.
PACEF works in the thematic areas of:
• Sustainable Livelihoods,
• Peace Building and Conflict Resolution and Advocacy.
We also work on a range of cross-cutting issues from climate change and natural resource management, to gender equity and HIV/AIDS and disability.
• Create awareness on the importance of educating all children regardless of gender
• Identify and find solution for factors that militate against the attainment of universal primary education among the Maasai Pastoralist.
• Establish schools and support existing ones
• Establish educational resource centres
• Provide education to bright and needy student
• Support school feeding program to boost school enrollment
• Carry out capacity building, advocacy workshops and seminars to the community.
• Build up a sustainable community based initiatives programs.
• Establish and maintain contact with both local and International stakeholders.
Peter ole Musei is the National Coordinator / Executive Director of the Pastoralist Concern Education Foundation (PACEF).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field: the maasai and the pastoralists communities in kenya.