Towards Risk Reduction and Livlihood Promotion
HIG-140/K-6/KalingaVihar, Patrapada post
751019 Bhubaneswar, Orissa
Ansprechpartner: Pradeep Mohapatra
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Udyama is a food security and sustainable rural livelihoods focused action and advocacy oriented organization, founded in 1997 and primarily working in the state of Orissa.
The organization aims to work towards strengthening food security and livelihoods through restoration and sustainable management of natural resources, capacity building of local communities to deal with and combating environmental hazards and through increased access to education and health services.
Linking people together to work on rights based approach for collective actions towards reducing disaster risk (Natural, Climate and Manmade) and achieving livelihood, social justice and gender rights, equitable and sustainable development
Contribute to the empowerment process aimed towards social change ensuring improved quality of life through Risk reduction and livelihood promotion interventions for lasting development
Major Activities are
• Rural livelihoods & entrepreneurship development.
• Forest conservation and Water Resource development and management
• Combating Disaster & desertification and Climate Change
• Health, sanitation, Education
• Women, Child Development
Our approach aimed at to:
• Provide as a catalyst for efforts to support people in areas facing repeated disasters or Vulnerabilities
• Prepare for, plan to withstand and recover from stresses, shocks & drudgery
• Take in hand root causes of disasters, impacts and vulnerabilities with lasting solutions
• Adaptive Action Research and Innovation focused on the challenges and opportunities
Pradeep Mohapatra is the team leader of Udyama.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.