Lokenatya O Sanskritik Unnayan Kendro (LOSAUK)
An Organization of people´s action for socio-cultural and economic development
2, Farazipara Road,
Ansprechpartner: Nazmul Ahsan
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Lokenatya O Sanskritik Unnayan Kendro (LOSAUK) is a development non-government organization located at south-west coastal part of Bangladesh. LOSAUK was founded in 1987 by Dr. Nazmul Ahsan.
The organization implements donor´s projects and makes partnership for development work. It has experiences to work with both national & international donor agencies. LOSAUK has seven members´ executive board and four members advisory committee.
Vision: To see the poverty free social life in Bangladesh
• Promote advocacy, awareness raising & capacity building for secluded community including transgender Hijra people, poor rural cultural artistes, slum adolescents, under privileged widowed, abandoned and divorced woman and their children;
• Provide water, health, sanitation & hygienic information & services to the urban & rural poor including woman, children, youth & elders;
• Provide workshop and certificate courses on TFD (Theatre for Development) for social activists;
• Preserve and promote indigenous culture for national identity;
• Impart Human Rights Education and Training for human rights defenders & activists and implement human rights projects for social equality;
• Fighting against climate change: adoption for food security and agro-economic growth;
• Restoration of social democracy for social mobilization & transformation.
• Campaign social and legal rights of transgender community (CSLRTC)
• National Conference on rights sharing advocacy of transgender community (NCRTC)
• Enhance human rights information and education to decrease discriminatory notion towards transgender community (hijra) in greater Khulna for exercising their citizen rights
• Awareness building fro Tuberculosis control
• Enhance access to rights & self respect of vulnerable woman groups: widowed, abandoned and divorced
• Theatre workshop with youth
• Intervention in HIV/AIDS
• Civic Awareness
• Promote the rights of woman & girl children through traditional folk culture
• Promote Human Rights Education & HIV/AIDS through popular Rural Drama (Jatra) and approaches to integrate Hijra community with their family
• Combat Child Trafficking
• Protection of Indigenous Culture for an integral development
• Awareness and advocacy program on Environment
• Cultural Therapy for social consciousness
• Non-formal education, jatra and cultural therapy for social awareness
Nazmul Ahsan is the Founder Chairperson of Lokenatya O Sanskritik Unnayan Kendro (LOSAUK).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.