Anbaham Rehabilitation Centre
Vichoor Po Thiruniali, New Manali Town
600103 Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Anbaham is a home which is dedicated to rehabilitate mentally ill orphans and destitutes. It works with one motto: "Service to humanity is service to God".
- to provide care, treatment and rehabilitation of the mentally ill orphans and destitutes,
- to provide vocational training skills,
- provide placement in jobs for the recovered,
- give financial support (Sponsorships) for the children of the mentally ill patients wherever necessary for their education,
- collaborate with Govt. and other NGO's in carrying out awareness and relief programme for the mentally ill.
Its work is focussed on getting abandoned mentally ill men wandering in the streets to live with dignity. Their home is designed in a rural environment, and through medication and rehabilitation, treat them and try to unite them with their families. So far nearly about 245 persons who are mentally ill and lying uncared for on the road sides have been taken into Anbaham. Out of which more than 150 persons have been treated, rehabilitated and joined into their respective family.
Our plans are:
- to build additional accommodation for increasing our capacity to take care of more patients from the current level of 100,
- try to cover the entire city of Chennai where more than 3000 such wandering male patients are estimated using a mobile unit consisting of two volunteers and nurse for giving minimum treatment like changing of clothes, cleaning of wounds etc for patients. Seek local support in providing them good food and medicines in their usual place of stay.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the following fields: mental health, parental counselling.