The Pachamama Alliance
1009 General Kennedy Ave, P.O. Box 29191
94129 CA San Francisco
Ansprechpartner: Bill Twist
- Spirituelle Organisation
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Pachamama Alliance, founded in 1995, is a not-for-profit organization that was born out of a relationship developed between a group of people from the modern world and the leaders of remote indigenous groups in the Amazon region of Ecuador for the preservation of life itself.
Our mission is to empower indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest to preserve their lands and culture and, using insights gained from that work, to educate and inspire individuals everywhere to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable world.
Inspired by the Achuar people´s request to “change the dream of the modern world”, we offer educational transformative workshops to inspire individuals to work toward an socially just, environmentally sustainable and spiritually fulfilling human presence on earth.
• Awakening the Dreamer Symposium: Our signature workshop invites you to explore where we are as a human family, how we got here, and what´s possible now. Available live, online, or on DVD.
• Getting Into Action Workshop: Deepen your understanding of what it means to be an agent of change, and build your capacity to address humanity´s most pressing issues in this interactive, transformational workshop.
• Generation Waking Up (GenUp): The youth partner initiative to Awakening the Dreamer, is a global campaign to ignite a generation of young people to bring forth a thriving, just, sustainable world.
• Facilitator Trainings: Develop your capacity as a transformational leader and connect with other visionaries as you learn to deliver Pachamama Alliance workshops in your community.
We work with our sister organization in Ecuador, Fundación Pachamama, and other organizations to stand for the rights of indigenous people and Nature.
• Defend the Amazonas from oil development
• Jungle Mamas: A women-led initiative improving the health of indigenous families and communities.
• Rights of nature: Establishing a legal basis for protecting our planet.
• Legal and collective rights: Fundación Pachamama provides legal services and makes available training and consulting on indigenous peoples´ collective and legal rights under local, national and international law.
• Mapping and land titling: Equipping indigenous communities to gain title to their territories.
• Sustainable development: Preserving indigenous life with alternative economic strategies.
• Organizational planning: Building structures for indigenous advocacy.
We lead journeys at the invitation of the Achuar people of Ecuadors Amazon rainforest, one of the most remote and intact indigenous cultures on the planet. The Achuar invite us to directly experience their lands, knowledge, and wisdom, and to stand with them as allies for the protection of their ancient culture and pristine rainforest.
Bill Twists one of the co-founders of The Pachamama Alliance and serves as its chief executive officer.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.