Centre for Rural Education and Development Action (CREDA)
490-491, Awas Vikas Colony
Ansprechpartner: Shamshad Khan
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Centre for Rural Education and Development Action (CREDA) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious voluntary organisation with its registered office at Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was formed in 1982 by a group of social activists led by Shamshad Khan for protection of children, providing them quality education, eradication of child labour and bonded child labour and ensure community participation for socio-economic development.
To build an environmentally sound and socially just society based on Gandhian thoughts and ideology for sustainable community / rural development. Safeguard the right of children and empower educationally deprived children through need based quality education and motivation.
To work for poor and needy through various program interventions for providing them better life opportunities and also empower and support the poor and vulnerables to get justice and live dignified life.
What we do
• Around 1985, CREDA started to emphasise on community mobilisation and empowerment as an attempt to change people´s attitudes towards education of children.
• Village level camps were held to identify and train volunteers who would act as agents of change.
• In regular village meetings, CREDA explained the importance of education as a tool for overcoming poverty and exploitation to ensure better future. This message was further popularised through street plays and folk songs. Similarly, street plays, wall writing, marches and poster campaigns were organized to aware and empower the community on various issues such as MNREGA, child protection, MHM, and women literacy.
• Having established its credentials through non-disputed programmes such as child education, health care, formation of village grain banks and developing youth leadership, CREDA has gained the confidence and respect of the communities. Local communities and bodies are very supportive of CREDA´s work and understand the significance of the issues that are being dealt with.
• Education: Community Cottage Schools; Teachers/ Instructors for the schools
• Health: Health Training; Health Camps and Health Melas; Immunisation; Midday Meals; Village level campaigns for "Clean Village"
• Women empowerment: Women´s groups; Mothers´ groups; Self-Help Groups
• Vocational Training of Villagers
• Eradication of Child Labour: Organisation of Awareness camps; Village Child Labour Vigilance Committees
Shamshad Khan is the Secretary of the Centre for Rural Education and Development Action (CREDA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.