Foundation For Africa, Hungary
Váci utca 16/A Fontana Irodaház
Ansprechpartner: Ibolya Barthalos
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Foundation for Africa is a public benefit organisation for development and aid created by a civil initiative. It was first registered in Hungary in 2002 and later in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in 2004.
The aim of the Foundation for Africa is mainly to facilitate development, aid and the forming of civil society through providing help in the fields of education, society and health care in Africa and organizing cultural programs and lectures to introduce the continent to Hungary.
The Foundation for Africa focuses on education, social issues and health care in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. In the capital, Kinshasa it maintains the Othniel Grammar and Secondary (High) School and the La Providence Orphanage.
The Foundation also provides medicine, surgical instruments for several health care centers both in the capital and in the country and carries out development programs as well.
In Hungary, the Foundation organizes lectures to promote tolerance and provide knowledge on Africa and programs to present the cultures of the African continent.
In 2007 the Foundation widened its sphere of activities: Humanitarian Tourism organizing programs, spreading our activity to Ethiopia in cooperation with our American partner organization.
What we do:
• Establishing social and educational institutions
• Supporting the education of orphans and disadvantaged children
• Building schools, orphanages and hospitals in Africa
• Authentically representing Africa and raising public awareness in Hungary
• Humanitarian tourism program to African countries
• Delivering humanitarian aid packages
• Humanitarian Schools and Students for Africa: Provide a virtual bridge between the students of the two continents.
• All children should read! – send a book to Africa
• Let´s bring the fashion to Congo, collect and send cloths to the ones in need.
• Orphan boy in need of a supporter to continue his medical studies
• HIV/AIDS&SEXURITY - Educational Program against AIDS/HIV
• Call for Application of the Afrikáért Foundation – EVS Group Volunteer Possibility in Congo
• La Providence orphanage - orphan support programme of Foundation for Africa
• Othniel College: new school development programme
• Love - Aid Campaign - for the children and parents fleeing the war in DR Congo
• Support feeding the street children!
Ibolya Barthalos is a Student and the Orphan Sponsorship Coordinator of the Foundation for Africa, Hungary.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.