Youth in Action Against Poverty and HIV/AIDS (YAAPHA)
P.O. BOX 367; Msasani Street, Kaloleni Ward
Ansprechpartner: Peter Bundala
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Volunteer Projects in Tanzania for free.
The first thing you have to know before signing up to volunteer with us, is that .It's completely free to serve on any on our projects in Tanzania mainland.
Why pay thousands of dollars to give back to the community? Share your skills and talents with the community in need and surprisingly they are willing to share their meals and accommodation with you! (No Program fees) it's totally a free culture, hospitality and skills exchange program.
Our main goal is to maximize the benefits from tourism and travel of all kinds for the most vulnerable people in Tanzania and to involve as many people as possible in development work.
The idea of our free-tailor made volunteering is simple but effective. You tell us your skills and interests and we find you a volunteering position that matches with your education, skills and interests. Usually, this only has to take three to five days. (No Program fees) it's totally a free culture and skills ex
Youth in Action Against Poverty and HIV/AIDS (YAAPHA) is a non-profit organization working in mainland Tanzania with the orphans and vulnerable children who have lost parents and close relatives as result of HIV/AIDS. YAAPHA was established in 2010, by young people themselves in Moshi Town, Kilimanjaro Region,
Our vision is a society implementing social and economic change for sustainable development.
YAAPHA´s mission is committed to reduce illiteracy and poverty by addressing the needs of children and youth, providing primary education, life skills and entrepreneurship empowerment in Tanzania. Our mission is to unite, lead, represent and serve vulnerable youth for their social, economic and cultural empowerment through development and business projects that help them achieve economic independence and contribute to their own community.
YAAPHA provides HIV/AIDS prevention, education, counseling, care and support in Tanzania and was established as a response to the problem of HIV/AIDS, drug abuse and educational challenges among children and adults.
• Training and empowerment for PLHIV: To raise awareness among participants to understand their problems in relationship with their status and make strategies that would make them take their treatment correctly; To empower participants on positive living, HIV status & disclosure; To raise awareness on the benefits of IGA´s as one way of dealing with stigma and discrimination
• Food support for orphans and other vulnerable children
• HIV and AIDS prevention awareness
• Training of trainers (TOT) for school children: We conducted TOT for primary and secondary school children in order have children/youth capacitated on HIV prevention, life skills, facilitation and participatory approaches.
• Volunteering activities in the area of administration, conservation work, fundraising, healthcare, micro-financing, women empowerment
• To raise awareness on the community involvement, participation, program ownership and sustainability.
• To strengthen TOT skills project in primary and secondary schools by conducting debates and forums within the schools
• To scale-up behavior change promotion interventions against intergenerational sexual relationship, stigma and discrimination by carrying out awareness activities targeting specific peer groups in the community
• To carry out condom promotion activities including offering free male condoms
• To carry out activities that will promote HIV prevention awareness on mother to child HIV transmission (PMCT) and commercial sex/bar maids.
• To strengthen campaigns that will encourage more people to go for VCT
• To strengthen internal evaluation meetings
• YAAPHA to strengthen Network and study visits for learning and experience sharing
• To mobilize men to participate in domestic so that more women will get chance attend and participate in our meetings
Peter Bundala is the Project Coordinator of Youth in Action Against Poverty and HIV/AIDS (YAAPHA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.