Real Women In Action Programme Sierra Leone (ReWAP.SL)
32 Makeni Road
Ansprechpartner: Dorcas Taylor Tucker
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Real Women in Action Programme Sierra Leone (ReWAP.SL) is a Woman led National Non Governmental Organization that work with extremely poor, marginalized and vulnerable women and children in Tonkolili and beyond.
ReWAP.SL was founded in 2012 with the aim to advocate, educate, and empower women for a long lasting and sustainable living.
Our four thematic operational areas are:
• Gender and child protection.
• We give micro finance support to women
• We give agricultural seeds to women farmers
• We give skills training to women and girls (Driving, Catering, Tailoring, Hair Dressing, Gara Tye Dye, Computer Studies, and Bead Making)
• To encourage women participation in politics
• To mitigate if possible STOP Gender Base Violence(GBV)
• To stop Female Genital Mitigation and Cutting (FGM/C)
• To encourage women in employment.
One of our concerns is to attend to emergency. On this note, ReWAP.SL joined the EVD fight to help eradicate this dreadful virus (Ebola) when Tonkolili started recording infected case in July 1st 2014.
On voluntary bases, Real Women in Action vehemently came out in the first month the district started registering new Ebola cases to sensitize the community on Ebola prevention and control through the use of mega phones, and women to women engagement by picture messages and drama.
USAID funded ReWAP.SL through Christian Aid to implement the project titled:
Emergency Response against Ebola: Direct beneficiaries who were targeted were 300 Ebola affected persons in Kholifa Rowala, Tane and Gbonkenlenken chiefdoms respectively. Food and non-food items were supplied to Ebola affected people in quarantine homes. This intervention was seen as a blessing that addressed the acute food problem in most of these vulnerable communities.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.