Africa Initiative for the Needy Uganda (AINU)
P.O. BOX 50032, Luzira
Ansprechpartner: Ssebuliba Wilson
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Africa Initiative for the Needy Uganda (AINU), founded in 2003, is a NGO seeking to help marginalized groups that include the aged, youth, orphans and vulnerable children, women and individuals with disabilities to promote sustainable development.
AINU´s mission is to work towards ensuring the rural grass-roots marginalized and the most vulnerable affected by war, poverty, disease, discrimination, tortured have access to best health care, fundamental human rights education, fight and prevent drug abuse and illicit trafficking among the youth, access to safe and clean water, sanitation, adequate shelter, right to food and working with the community to bring about transformation development and poverty eradication.
Sectors in which we work:
• Improving Maternal Health
• Gender-based Violence
• Sexually Transmitted Infections
• Disabilities Among Refugees
• Sustainable Agriculture
• Literacy and Health
• Capacity Building
• Helping the Elderly in the Community
• Environment Awareness Campaign
• HIV/AIDS awareness campaign: We conduct HIV/AIDS seminars and workshops. We also provide voluntary counseling and testing (VCT). We also provide psychosocial counseling to children who are sexually abused, traumatized and adults who are depressed.
• Agriculture Extension: Vanilla and coffee production of about 8 hectares has been set up to generate income for the organization and also to work as a demonstration farm for the project and farmers in Kayunga and Masaka district.
• Vocational Apprentice skills Training: We provide skills in form of computer training and functional adult literacy education to the needy community. This enables them to be self reliant in there well being and also other income generating activities.
• Environment protection education programmes: Community sensitization about the environment and training on how to protect and conserve it. Later supply of seeds and tree nurseries for free to the community members to be planted as a process of emphasizing agro-forestry.
• Health improvement through water sanitation: Access to safe and clean water and improved sanitation, fighting of malnutrition and hunger.
• Children and Women Welfare: AINU advocates for the concerns and rights of children through giving them support in all aspects of life.
• Scholarships and Half bursaries: We solicit and provide scholarships and half bursaries to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), street children, children from retrenched and monogamous families, very poor children and disabled children.
• Reach out to people with Disabilities: Advocating for their rights and concerns.
Ssebuliba Wilson is the Country Director of AINU (Africa Initiative for the Needy Uganda).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.