Shariatpur Development Society (SDS)
Post Box # 01; Sadar Road
Ansprechpartner: Mozibur Rahman
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Shariatpur Development Society (SDS) started its work during the devastating flood in 1987 and 1988 initiated by Mozibur Rahman, the founder of the organization through small-scale relief and rehabilitation programme at Shariatpur district.
SDS is registrated on September 11, 1991.
SDS, working in the social development arena, has earned a fairly rich experience in disaster management, micro-finance, education, health, and advocacy for basic services, arbitration and other social development initiatives.
The Major objectives of SDS are:
• Reduce loss of peoples caused by the disaster Management.
• Promote and support PHC service for ensuring health and hygienist of women’s in Bangladesh.
• Increase awareness for disadvantage people on the importance of Governance, democracy and human rights.
• Promote and support education programs focusing on Basic education, non-formal primary education, adolescent education, adult literacy and continuing education.
• Provide life skill training to the vulnerable groups specially for women.
• Endeavor changes in respect of gender relation in family and society to improve situation of Water, Sanitation and Environment.
• Raising awareness and provide support and training for increase family income of the poor community by Income Generating Activities (IGA).
• To motivate/trained the local Government and community people on disaster management.
• Women Empowerment through Micro Credit Program (WECP)
• River Basin Programme: This program aims to reduce the vulnerability of the poorest communities to flood in a number of the most flood affected locations, to increase involvement of SDS and community to preparedness to respond to the flood emergencies, to improve livelihood options of the char dwellers, to change policies, practices, ideas and beliefs to reduce vulnerabilities of the poorest communities.
• Capacity Building of Ultra Poor (CUP) Project for Riverain Community: Main components of the Project include mobilization, awareness raising, advocacy, promotion of livelihood, disaster preparedness and non-formal primary education.
• Voter Awareness Program (VAP): Election Working Group (EWG): The objectives of the Project are to create awareness among the people of the Project area about the roles and rights of them in the national and local level elections.
• Amader School Project (ASP)
• SDS Academy: The objectives and aims of the school is masterminding the students to be the person of the age through putting stress on English learning, innovating moral values, computer education and cultural practices.
• Click Project
• Renewable Energy: SDS has provided a series of awareness raising campaign to make the people informed about solar energy, its usage and benefit and so on. Under the Renewable Energy Program SDS has developed 33 Biogas plants.
Mozibur Rahman is the Executive Director of the Shariatpur Development Society (SDS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.