Development Projects Coordination
20/22 Amaigbo Lane, Uwani, Box 3573
Ansprechpartner: Joseph Chuwuma and Barrister Oby Ndoeche
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The association was founded on 6th Sept. 1989 as a Non-Government-Organisation (NGO) and has the main aim of raising funds to assist poor villages in Africa. Since then many projects have been established for the benefit of the poor.
Since 1994 we have worked through our local project group, Development Projects Co-ordination, Enugu, Nigeria to set up many village projects in the South-eastern areas of Nigeria.
These projects include:
- The establishment of rice and palm oil mills for village women, where only 2/3 of the milling price is paid.
- Scholarships for poor and handicapped school children. The establishment of Vocational Centres for handicapped and jobless youths, where 462 people are learning trades (carpentry, sewing, leather work, computer studies, office management etc.).
- The renovation of 9 dilapidated village primary schools.
- The renovation of the huts of several very poor helpless widows.
- The sinking of 3 water bore-holes for the villages.
- The operation of a social information system concerning over-population and the prevention of AIDS/HIV in the village.
- The establishment of the Eurohostel, where workers or students with disability can live at affordable cost.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities, offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.