Lower Guruve Development Association (LGDA)
Ansprechpartner: Murendo, Ephraim
+263 58 2456
+263 58 2201
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Lower Guruve Development Association is a community based organization started by the Peasant farmers residing in the Mid Zambezi valley of Zimbabwe. The organization is non political or partisan. Our activities are guided by our mission statement that read as follows: "LGDA seeks to improve the health and food security status of an increasing number of people in Lower Guruve especially women and children".
- To strengthen the food security situation of Lower Guruve people against a backdrop of recurrent droughts.
- To organise people into formal structures recognised by the state.
- To promote the rights and position of the marginalised groups like women and youths.
- To promote and encourage self-reliance and self empowerment activities.
- To lobby the government and local authority to draft policies that are in favour of the people resident in the semi arid regions.
Mr. Ephraim Murendo is the Executive Director of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff and deliver a lecture in the field of community development.