Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF)
5 Evlogi Georgiev, Blv
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
The Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation is an NGO of public utility that promotes social equality and women’s human rights in Bulgaria through research, education and advocacy programs.
The BGRF is founded in June 1998 in Sofia. The team of the Foundation consists of lawyers, academics, experts in advocacy, education, monitoring violations of human rights, lobbying for legislative changes, preparing publications, networking.
The BGRF has branches in Plovdiv, Haskovo, Gorna Oryahovitza. Since 2001 the BGRF has a youth department.
Our vision is the recognition of the organisation as an established international center of professionals in the field of gender equality, antidiscrimination law domestic violence and reproductive rights. The Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation is founded in June 1998 in Sofia as an independent NGO of public utility.
We work in the sphere of:
• Domestic violence
• Human rights protection
• Trafficking in women
• Prevention of discrimination
• Socio-economic rights of women
• Youth issues
and develop the following activities:
• Prevention and services for interdisciplinary support for victims of domestic violence
• Education programs
• Proposals for legislative changes
• Social services for people with disabilities and people from marginalized groups
• Youth activities
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.