At Sikti, Po- Anjani, Via- Parsa, Dist- Saran
Ansprechpartner: Jitendra Kumar
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Nav Jagriti (NJ), a grass root level non-government organization, was institutionalized in the year 1993. The organization federally operates in addressing the different issues of flood prone and water logging areas of Bihar.
Nav Jagriti aspires to the value of individual and collective efforts for integrated development and it also inspires to ensure better conditions for the people at large and disadvantaged and vulnerable section of the society in particular.
To capacitate and empower women in particular and poor people in general to fight for their rights and get them organized to fight for the issue of water logging. It also aims to bring the better living opportunities and basic amenities for the general mass in the flood prone and water logged area.
Thematic Areas for Intervention
• Education & Child Rights Protection
• Disaster Risk Reduction
• Women Empowerment
• Community Health
• Natural Resources Management (NRM) & Livelihood
• Gender Development & Mainstreaming
Projects and programs
• Child Centered Community Development Program
• Community mobilisation on education and health among most vulnerable children and adolescent girls of deprived community
• Reducing vulnerability of community living to flood affected areas of Khanpur block of Samastipur district.
• Promoting livelihoods of poor, small and marginal farmers of five districts of Bihar.
• Akshya India Project
• Improve sustainable sanitation systems in Bihar
• Community managed disaster risk reduction program
• Promoting sustainable sanitation in Rural Bihar
• Formation and nurturing of SHGs
• Rehabilitation home for male beggars
• Study on climate change resilience in urban India
• Providing safe water and hygienic sanitation in India
Jitendra Kumar ist he Secretary of Nav Jagriti (NJ).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.