KAALO Aid and Development Organization (KAALO)
Islan Mohammed Street
Garoowe Nugaal Puntland
Ansprechpartner: Mohamud Hamid Mohamed
+252 907794076; +252 5844-247
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
KAALO Aid and Development Organization (KAALO) was established in March 1991 just after the collapse of Somali central government; and it is one of the most successful and consistent community based, non-profit, humanitarian and development NGO in Somalia. KAALO operates in the Puntland Regions, and Somalia at large and is involved in relief aid, rehabilitation and development programs in various sectors: Education, Health, Rural Development, Agriculture and Livelihood and Governance (Peace, Human Rights, Gender Development and Democracy and Psycho social issues).
KAALO´s main focus areas are in livelihoods and productive sector production, health, education, promotion of human rights and democracy, WASH environmental protection.
KAALO aims at creation of a society free of ignorance and poverty in order to attain sustainable development.
To improve the livelihood of Somali society through provision of basic needs in a sustainable, environmentally sound and right based approach.
Projects and programs:
• Protection project for refugees and asylum seekers: This project aims to strengthen the protection framework for refugees and asylum seekers in Garowe and Bosasso, and simultaneously ensure adequate delivery of essential humanitarian assistance by addressing the existing problems.
• Community-based HIV prevention & stigma reduction project under the global fund round 8 HIV grant: Projects objectives are: To increase awareness of key affected populations and vulnerable and other groups; To increase the capacity of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to be better able to coordinate and address HIV and AIDS issues activities.
• Training on Best Practices in Good Governance Accountability and Transparency in Puntland: KAALO in Partnership with National Endowment for Democracy (NED) conducted training workshop on Best Practices in Good Governance, Accountability, and Advocacy Tools to Monitor Expenditures and Promote transparency and aimed to enhance the capacity of public officials and promote public understanding of the importance of transparency and accountability in a democratic society.
• Cyclone Response Program: To improve communal hygiene, access to food and safe water for 400 cyclone affected households in Eyl district
• Democracy and Human Rights Program: Promote democracy, human rights and gender equality in Puntland and Central-South Somalia.
• Women Empowerment Program: To promote the role of women in the security and judicial sector and raise awareness on the unequal access to justice for women in Somalia.
• Supporting the Capacity of Government Institutions: Help local governments improve their revenue collection by developing household level data on all properties. Developing urban land information systems management for districts. As well as supporting and improving the capacity of Puntland´s fishery sector.
• Water, Hygiene and Sanitation Program: To contribute towards quality of the life for citizens in the target communities through WASH service.
Mohamud Hamid Mohamed is the Executive Director of the KAALO Aid and Development Organization (KAALO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.