747, Street 10, Sector G-9/3
Ansprechpartner: Afzaal Ahmed
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
READ Foundation was established in 1994 as a not-for-profit organization to address the dire need for education and literacy in Pakistan. Pakistan is facing an educational crisis with more than 25 million children not being able to avail their constitutional right to a quality education. Education is the only tool which can enable the country to develop and progress amongst the community of nations. Realizing this problem, READ Foundation´s founders envisaged building a school system to serve the marginalized communities and underprivileged families.
Our Mission is helping society through quality-oriented, value-based and purposeful education and capacity building
• Quality education for all: To provide access to quality education for all school-aged children, especially downtrodden, destitute and orphans.
• Low cost or free education: To impart a quality education on a very low or no-cost basis to every student that enrolls in any of the READ Foundation´s education facilities.
• Environment friendly education facilities: To establish and run environment friendly education facilities through resource mobilization, networking and advocacy.
• Holistic learning: To provide an enabling environment conducive to nurturing and nourishing the natural gifts, aptitudes and abilities of all students for a lifelong learning and education through innovative curriculum and teaching methodologies.
• Community involvement: To promote awareness among all communities of their rights and responsibilities; to encourage community participation in all educational endeavors and humanitarian responses.
• Volunteerism: To encourage and promote volunteerism at all levels and for all sorts of activities.
• Orphan Sponsorship
• Campus Building
• School Opening
• Girls Education
• Teachers Training
• Computer and Science Laboratory
• Emergency Programmes
Afzaal Ahmed is the Head of Outreach & Donor Relations of the READ Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.