North East Social Trust (NEST)
Near ASTC, Ward No. 4, Bokakhat
Ansprechpartner: Tasaduk Ariful Hussain
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
North East Social Trust (NEST) is a non-profit making, non-governmental, professionally managed voluntary organization working in the North Eastern States of India. It is registered as a Trust on 21st October 2002. The focus of NEST´s initiatives is directed to the holistic development of the communities of the region, more specifically the youth and women, through livelihood support, strengthening educational status and through participation in local governance
NEST is working in two levels. The micro level activities were intended for the holistic development of 7 villages in Golaghat district whereas the macro level activities are aimed at the issues of youth and women of the region.
Aims and Objectives:
• Socio-economic development of the people, more specifically youth and women, through employment and income generation programmes.
• Development of Education, Sports and Culture
• Peace making
• Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture and Veterinary services.
• Promotion of indigenous knowledge, cottage and village industries
• Industrial activities
• Biodiversity, Environment and Disaster Management
• Poverty alleviation with emphasis on women and children.
What we do:
• Skill Building
Assembly Election Watch
Parliament Election Watch 2009
Women Leadership Workshops
System of Rice Intensification (SRI)
Dhuba Ati - A Rural Tourims Destination
Dhun-Pech (a local phrase means exotic fashion)
Abdul Matin Memorial Academy (AMMA)
Sanjoy Ghose Memorial Curriculum for Social Entrepreneurship Development (SGMCSED)
Theater for Girls´ Education
Status of Peoples Committees of SSA for UEE
Shallow Tube Well Irrigation
Status of Girl Child in the North East India
Technical Feasibility of Livilihood Options
Tasaduk Ariful Hussain is a Chairperson & Founder Trustee of the North East Social Trust (NEST).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.