African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect
43 Lumumba Street New Haven
Ansprechpartner: Elekwachi Chimezie
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
ANPPCAN Nigeria is the Nigerian chapter of ANPPCAN. ANPPCAN (African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect) is a pan African network that promotes child rights and child protection in Africa. It was founded in 1986 in Enugu Nigeria, at the first Child Labour Conference, and has national chapters in 22 African countries. It is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
Its mission is to enhance, in partnership with others, the prevention and protection of children from all forms of maltreatment, thus, ensuring that the rights of children are realized.
ANPPCAN's activities anchored on promoting the rights of children in Africa fall into four broad areas. These are:
• Research, documentation and monitoring;
• Networking and establishment of chapters;
• Capacity Building;
• Child Protection.
Program areas in Nigeria:
• School and community child rights clubs;
• Regional and national monitoring centres for child rights and violations;
• Children’s parliament;
• Milk action;
• Theatre for development;
• the Neighbourhood Assembly;
• Social therapy which involves counselling.
Elekwachi Chimezie is the Information Officer of ANPPCAN Nigeria.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.